Contracts totaling $21.7 million for nine projects around the state were awarded by the Wyoming Transportation Commission during its September meeting in Cheyenne. Among the contracts awarded was a $1.5 million contract to Kilroy Construction. The contract is for “providing the stockpiles of sand and salt WyDOT uses to improve traction on snowy and icy highways during the winter.
Kilroy LLC will provide the materials for the southwestern portion of the state. Evans Construction won a $1.1 million contract to provides stockpiles of sand and salt for the northwestern portion of the state. Additional contracts were awarded to the following companies for projects around the state.
• Riverside Contracting of Missoula, Mont., won the largest of the contracts with the low bid of nearly $9 million for improvements to 12 miles of the eastbound lanes of I-80 between Wamsutter and Creston Junction. The contract completion date is Oct. 31, 2016.
• CC&G Inc. of Lander was the low bidder at nearly $4.3 million for a contract to replace the WYO 351 bridge over the Green River about seven miles east of Big Piney by Oct. 31, 2017.
• Cheyenne’s Reiman Corp. and Subsidiary won a $2.8 million contract for bridge rehabilitation work on three Interstate 90 bridges between Moorcroft and Sundance. The contract includes an Oct. 31, 2016 completion date.
• Reiman also submitted the low bid of $2.3 million for deck rehabilitation work on three bridges on WYO 376 (South Belt Loop) in Rock Springs. The overall contract completion date is Oct. 31, 2016.
Also awarded by the commission were contracts for:
• $289,000 to Hedquist Construction of Casper for concrete repairs to the Interstate 25 bridge at the Poplar Street Interchange in Casper by June 30, 2016;
• $229,000 to Advanced Electrical Contracting of Casper for electrical and sidewalk upgrades at the intersection of US 20-26 and Six Mile Road north of Casper by July 31, 2016; and
• $122,000 to S&S Builders of Gillette for erosion repairs along WYO 213 north of Burns by June 30, 2016.