Join SVI for the Star Valley Medical Center Pre-game Show beginning at 2:30 p.m.
The Bank of Star Valley Tailgate Party runs from 1:30-3 p.m.
With a one-sided 62-7 victory on the road to open up 3A West Conference play last week, the Braves (4-0) return to Afton to face the Worland Warriors (1-2) in an afternoon homecoming game. Worland’s last win in Afton came all the way back in 2003 in a 3-0 defensive struggle.
Worland comes into Afton looking for answers after dropping two games in a row. The Warriors opened up the season with a 6-3 win over Powell but then lost to Buffalo, 24-12 and then to Green River, 40-13. The Braves are scoring points at a historic pace, averaging nearly 46 per contest en route to a 4-0 start.
SVHS has won the last seven in the series with Worland and eight of the last nine. The last two games have been shutout wins for the Braves. Offense has been in issue for the Warriors during this drought with the team only scoring more than 14 points once in those last nine contests.
Series History: Star Valley vs Worland
First Game: 1955
Overall Series Record: Star Valley leads 27-14
In Afton: Star Valley leads 14-7
Last Meeting: Braves won 34-0 in Worland (2016)
• The Basics (* SVHS stats reflect stats from Week Zero. All other stats courtesy of Wyopreps.com)
Star Valley (4-0) vs Worland (1-2)
QB: Carson Lyman (WHS) 5/16 32 yards 0TD/2Int – Payton Erickson (SVHS) 20/35 362 yards 2TD/1Int
RB: Carson Lyman (32 attempts for 142 yards 2TD – Josh Dawson (SVHS) 54 attempts for 508 yards, 8TD
WR: Devon Mercado (WHS) 3 receptions for 11 yards – Ronnie Kaye (SVHS) 8 receptions for 181 yards
Top 3 Defensive Points: (WHS) Mathew Sanchez (20.7), J. Hoffman (18.3) & A. Beck (8.7) – (SVHS) Josh Dawson (20.3), Hunter Jacobson (10.7) & Ronnie Kaye (9.7).
• Week Four 3A Schedule (Rankings courtesy of Wyopreps.com Coaches & Media Poll)
Worland @ #1 Star Valley
Cody @ #2 Green River
Rawlins @ #3 Buffalo
Riverton @ #4 Douglas
Lander @ #5 Torrington
Evanston @ Powell
Mountain View @ Jackson
Newcastle @ #1 Glenrock
#3 Big Piney @ Kemmerer (Watch here as part of SVI’s Game of the Week)
#4 Greybull @ #5 Pinedale
Lyman @ Lovell
Thermopolis @ Wheatland
Burns @ Moorcroft
#4 Kelly Walsh @ #1 Sheridan
#3 Cheyenne East @ #2 Natrona County
#5 Rock Springs @ Cheyenne South
Thunder Basin @ Gillette
Laramie @ Cheyenne Central
• The Crimson Corner
- SVHS Cross-Country – The distance posse will be in Boise, Idaho as they run in the Bob Firman Classic on Saturday. Click here for information about the meet.
- SVHS Volleyball – The Lady Braves defeated Jackson Hole on Thursday night 3-0. (26-24, 25-13, 25-14)
- SVHS Football – The freshman defeated Sugar-Salem on Wednesday, 30-14. The junior varsity picked up two wins this week, knocking off Pinedale 21-8 on Tuesday and Suger-Salem, 41-7 on Wednesday.